Kodi is one of the best media players available in the market. The Kodi app is a free open source media player which manages your local file and online media as well. The Kodi Media Player is available on most of the platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and much more. If you are using a Smart TV which runs on Android OS, then you can easily install Kodi on it. But if you are planning to use Kodi on LG Smart TV, then you have to use a different approach to use Kodi on WebOS.
Looking for an IPTV Provider?
With various IPTV providers available online, it is difficult to find out the best one.
While choosing the provider, you must consider the factors like the number of channels, price, streaming quality, availability and compatibility. After testing out so many providers.
We recommend you to purchase Iconic Streams. It streams nearly 2500+ popular TV channels from different parts of the world. All the channels can be streamed in HD quality at the price of €15 EUR/month. Get it Now.
Compatibility: It supports various platforms like Android, iOS, Kodi, macOS, Windows, Smart TVs and MAG devices.
How to install Kodi on WebOS (LG Smart TV)?
The Kodi application is not available on LG Smart TV store and hence you have to use a different method to use Kodi on it. As Kodi is not available, you will not be able to install it on your LG Smart TV. You have to use an external device to use Kodi on LG TV.
- Kodi on WebOS using Chromecast
- Kodi on WebOS using Android Box
Related: How to install Kodi on Firestick?
How to use Kodi on WebOS using Chromecast?
- LG Smart TV
- Android phone with Kodi app installed
1. Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV.
2. Check whether Chromecast and your Android phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Open “Google Home” app.
4. Click on the menu icon and tap on “Cast Screen / Audio”.
5. Again tap on Cast Screen / Audio.
6. Now select the Chromecast device to cast the entire screen.
Note: The entire phone screen will appear on the TV. Whatever is shown on your phone screen will appear on your TV.
7. Open Kodi app and start playing a video.
This action will allow you to use Kodi on your LG Smart TV. This is one of the methods to use Kodi on WebOS.
Related: How to install Kodi on Android TV?
How to use Kodi on WebOS using Android Box?
- Android Box
- LG Smart TV
1. Connect Android Box to your LG Smart TV.
2. Open Google Play Store on Android Box.
3. Search for “Kodi” app.
4. Click on the app from the resultant page and tap on the “Install” button.
5. Once the app gets installed, click “Open” and use the app on your LG Smart TV.
Related: How to Uninstall Kodi Addon?
These are the two methods available to use Kodi Media Player on WebOS. As the application is not available directly on LG Smart TV, you have to use the above two alternate methods to use the application on WebOS. You can also use Roku and use Kodi on your TV.
Thank you for reading this post.
Disclosure: We refer product or service to our readers via an affiliate link, which means I may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.