Kodi is one of the best media players available in the market. The Kodi app is a free open-source media player that manages your local file and online media as well. The Kodi Media Player is available on most platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and much more. If you are using a Smart TV that runs on Android OS, then you can easily install Kodi on it. But if you are planning to use Kodi on LG Smart TV, then you have to use a different approach to use Kodi on WebOS.
How to install Kodi on WebOS (LG Smart TV)
The Kodi application is not available on the LG Smart TV store, and hence you have to use a different method to use Kodi on it. As Kodi is not available, you will not be able to install it on your LG Smart TV. You have to use an external device to use Kodi on LG TV.
- Kodi on WebOS using Chromecast
- Kodi on WebOS using Android Box
Related: How to install Kodi on Firestick
How to use Kodi on WebOS using Chromecast
- LG Smart TV
- Android phone with Kodi app installed
1. Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV.
2. Check whether Chromecast and your Android phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the “Google Home” app.
4. Click on the menu icon and tap on “Cast Screen / Audio”.
5. Again, tap on Cast Screen / Audio.
6. Now, select the Chromecast device to cast the entire screen.
Note: The entire phone screen will appear on the TV. Whatever is shown on your phone screen will appear on your TV.
7. Open the Kodi app and start playing a video.
This action will allow you to use Kodi on your LG Smart TV. This is one of the methods to use Kodi on WebOS.
Related: How to install Kodi on Android TV
How to use Kodi on WebOS using Android Box
- Android Box
- LG Smart TV
1. Connect Android Box to your LG Smart TV.
2. Open Google Play Store on Android Box.
3. Search for the “Kodi” app.
4. Click on the app from the resultant page and tap on the “Install” button.
5. Once the app gets installed, click “Open” and use the app on your LG Smart TV.
Related: How to Uninstall Kodi Addon
These are the two methods available to use Kodi Media Player on WebOS. As the application is not available directly on LG Smart TV, you have to use the above two alternate methods to use the application on WebOS. You can also use Roku and use Kodi on your TV.