You might already know about VLC as it is one of the popular IPTV players. You can access IPTV playlists on your device easily because of its simple user interface. Also, the app doesn’t annoy you with ad interruptions. The IPTV player has support for various audio tracks and different subtitles. Also, you can access various audio and video formats.
- Playlist Formats: M3U Playlists
- EPG Support: Yes
- Supported Devices: Android, Linux, iOS Devices, Windows, and Mac PC
- External Players: No
VLC is a free and open-source media player with no in-app purchases.
Is VLC Legal?
Yes. VLC Media Player is available in various app stores, and you can download it directly. However, accessing IPTV content on your device might be harmful to it because of online threats. So, you should enable a premium VPN on your device for the best streaming experience. You should consider subscribing to NordVPN and ExpressVPN for online security.
How to Install VLC on Streaming Devices
The VLC Media Player is available for access on multiple streaming devices, such as:
Download VLC on Android Devices
You can download the VLC Media Player app from the Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
1. Launch the Google Play Store and search for VLC for Android.
2. Choose the app icon from the search results.
3. Select the Install button in the Play Store to download the app on your Android device.
4. When the app download is complete, open it on your Android device to set up and access the IPTV content.
Get VLC on iOS
The App Store of your iOS device also includes the VLC Media Player app for download.
1. Open the App Store of your iOS device and search for VLC Media Player.
2. Pick up the app icon from the search suggestions.
3. Select the Get button in the App Store to download VLC Media Player.
4. After downloading the app, open it.
5. Finally, set up the player to load and watch your favorite IPTV playlist on your iOS device.
Install VLC on Windows PC
It is possible to install the VLC Media Player on your Windows PC and access IPTV content.
1. Open any web browser on your computer and visit the VLC website.
2. Download VLC for your computer and save it in the Downloads section of your computer.
3. After downloading the file, double-click it in the file destination.
4. On the prompt, click Yes.
5. If you get any prompt on your screen, select the Next option.
6. Open VLC on your computer and access your IPTV playlist.
Access VLC on Firestick
The Amazon App Store of your Firestick also includes the VLC app for download.
1. From the Firestick home screen, select Find, followed by Search.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, browse for the VLC app.
3. Pick up VLC for Fire from the search results and select the Download button.
4. When the download is complete, open it on your Firestick and set it up to access IPTV content.
Get VLC on Android Smart TV
Android TV users can also install the VLC Media Player on their devices to stream IPTV content.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for VLC and choose the app icon as it appears on your screen.
3. Select the Install button to download the app and wait for the process to complete.
4. Open the app on your Android TV and allow any permissions.
5. Finally, access IPTV on your TV with VLC.
How to Set Up VLC Media Player
1. After downloading VLC Media Player, open it.
2. Select the Tools option followed by Preferences.
3. In the Simple Preferences settings, select All next to the Show settings section.
4. In the Input/Codecs section, click on Video codecs.
5. Select FFmpeg and move to the decoding section.
6. Disable the Hardware decoding option.
7. Click Input/Codecs and navigate to the bottom.
8. In the Advanced section, find Network Caching.
9. Set the value to 3000 ms.
10. In the Network Settings section, find the MTU of the network interface option.
11. Set the value to 1500 for Cable or 1498 for ADSL.
12. Finally, select the Save button.
How to Watch IPTV M3U Playlist on VLC
The M3U format is one of the computer formats that contains a playlist of online content. Most IPTV playlists are created in this format to easily access the files. VLC Media Player is the best one to add and stream these m3u lists easily.
1. Initially, open the VLC media player.
2. Select the Media button from the navigation bar at the top.
3. In the File menu and click the Open Network Stream option.
4. Select the radio button and enter the M3U playlist URL.
5. Click Play and access the IPTV playlist.
If you wish to access IPTV content on your streaming devices, you should try these IPTV players as well.
IPTV Smarters is a user-friendly IPTV player that you can access on various streaming devices. It includes support for multiple screens and external players for users. It includes support for parental controls to lock TV channels. You can also use the picture-in-picture feature on IPTV Smarters.
GSE Smart IPTV
GSE Smart IPTV is an IPTV player that can help you access various IPTV playlist formats like M3U URL and Xtream Codes. With a simple interface, GSE Smart IPTV supports customizable features and themes. Also, you can find features like embedded subtitles and external subtitles.
Perfect Player is a free IPTV player for you to access IPTV playlists and local files. On Perfect Player, you can access IPTV content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Portuguese. Moreover, you can access bigger control panels and the scaleable OSD feature.
VLC is one of the best IPTV players for Windows, Mac, and all your streaming devices. The best part of VLC is that it is completely free to access on your devices. Also, the IPTV player is your best option for accessing video, audio, and subtitle formats. Moreover, it lets you access the IPTV playlists from various IPTV providers to which you have a subscription.