BBC iPlayer is an application owned by BBC. This application allows users to watch live TV, catch up on TV shows, radio services, and on-demand videos on a subscription basis. These services are provided to UK-based clients featuring no commercial advertisements. The BBC iPlayer app is available for different devices like Android, Windows, iOS, Amazon, and much more. You can also install BBC iPlayer on Firestick easily as the app is available directly on the Amazon app store.
Features of BBC iPlayer
Here are the features of BBC iPlayer:
- You can watch the latest TV series and box sets.
- Special programs for children available.
- Download option available to watch anywhere & anytime.
- It is compatible to cast using Chromecast.
- Wide range of categories and channels available.
- Pause & resume the videos on different devices through a single sign-on option.
- Option to add our own playlist and watch at any time.
Related: How to install Nora Go on Firestick
How to install BBC iPlayer on Firestick?
BBC iPlayer is available on the Amazon App Store. Therefore, you can easily install BBC iPlayer on Amazon Firestick.
1. Go to the “Settings” tab on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
2. Enter the search term “BBC iPlayer” and click on it.
3. The resultant application will appear along with other relevant apps. Click on the BBC iPlayer app.
4. Now click on the “Get” button to download it on your Firestick.
5. The app will get downloaded and then automatically installed on your firestick.
6. Now click on the “Launch” button.
The BBC iPlayer will open on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Log in with your username and password and start watching your favourite shows on the Firestick.
Note: BBC iPlayer is available only for users living in the UK. If you are outside the UK, then you will not be able to install BBC iPlayer.
How to use BBC iPlayer on Firestick outside the UK?
You have to perform two major actions to use the BBC iPlayer app outside the United Kingdom.
Step 1: Open the Amazon account on your desktop and follow the below steps:
Go to Accounts & Lists -> Manage your content and devices -> Click on Preferences tab -> Tap on “Country/Region settings” -> Change the address to a UK address
Step 2: Open Amazon Fire TV Stick and follow the below steps:
Go to Settings Tab -> Scroll to the last option in the Settings Tab “My account” -> Click on it -> Now click on “Sync Amazon content”.
Step 3: Now, install a VPN and choose a UK server. After setting up the server, follow the above installation procedure and install it on your Fire TV Stick.
By following the above steps, we can easily install BBC iPlayer on Amazon Fire TV Stick. BBC iPlayer contains all the program which are telecasted on the BBC channel and other channels under the BBC network. Hence, this app will best suit people who follow this network.
Thank You for reading this post.
Disclosure: We refer product or service to our readers via an affiliate link, which means I may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.