IPTV is an alternative to the traditional cable system. The IPTV application is available for different platforms like Android, Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Linux, Amazon Devices, and much more. It is also available on gaming consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360. By installing IPTV on Xbox devices, you can watch Live and non-live streams along with movies and on-demand videos. Let us discuss more on how to install IPTV on Xbox One/360 in this article.
How to install IPTV on Xbox One/360
There are different methods to install IPTV on Xbox One & 360. But we will be using two methods that are easy to install.
- Install IPTV on Xbox One/360 from Microsoft Store
- Use Kodi to install IPTV Addon
Related: IPTV on Samsung Smart TV
Install IPTV on Xbox One & 360 using Microsoft Store
Follow the steps below to install IPTV on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
1. Open Microsoft Store on your Xbox One/360.
2. Click on the search tab.
3. Enter “IPTV” and tap on the search icon.
4. List of available IPTV apps for Xbox will appear.
5. Click on the IPTV player you want to install.
6. Now click on the “Install” button.
7. The app will get downloaded and installed on your device.
8. Click “Launch” to open the installed app.
Note: Most of the IPTV Players don’t contain any streaming links. Hence, either upload m3u playlists remotely or use a USB drive to load m3u playlists to the IPTV application.
The above are the steps required to install IPTV on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Related: How to install IPTV on Android Box
How to install IPTV on Xbox using Kodi
Kodi is one of the most famous Media Players. Earlier it was only developed for Xbox and was called as Xbox Media Center. After its success over Xbox, it was built for other platforms as well and was renamed as Kodi. Kodi is available on the official Microsoft Store. Hence, you can install Kodi on Xbox easily.
After installing Kodi, follow the below steps to install IPTV addons:
1. Open Kodi app on your Xbox.
2. Click on the “TV” menu, which is available on the left side of your Menu.
3. A Pop Up will appear. Click “OK“.
4. You have to add the IPTV addon to continue. Click on the “Enter Add-On Browser” button.
5. A list of addons will appear. Click on the “PVR IPTV Simple Client” addon.
6. If the addon is not installed earlier, then click “install“. If the addon is installed, then click the “Configure” button.
7. Under the General tab, You will find “M3U Play List URL“. Click on it.
8. Enter the M3U URL and click on “OK”.
9. Wait until the channels get loaded. You will get a “Channel Loaded” notification.
You can now stream from the list of available channels. These are the steps required to set up IPTV on Xbox using Kodi.
Other IPTV Addons
Thus, you can use any of the above methods to install IPTV on Xbox One and Xbox 360. If you are using the first method, then you can add your favourite M3U URLs both locally and using the M3U URL. The first method involves a dedicated app for IPTV, and hence, you might find additional features than using Kodi.
Disclosure: We refer product or service to our readers via an affiliate link, which means I may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.