Are you looking for ways to stream your favourite content from an IPTV provider? If so, Root IPTV is the free IPTV Player that you can try. It can handle both the Xtream Codes API and M3U Playlists.
You can install this IPTV player on all mainstream media streaming devices. It comes with an intuitive and user-friendly interface with EPG support for live TV.
It is important to note that this IPTV doesn’t offer any playlist or channels to stream. However, it includes Favorites Manager and supports Dynamic Language Switching.
- Supported Playlist Formats: M3U URL and Xtream Codes
- EPG support: Yes
- External Players: No
- Compatible Devices: Android, Firestick, Smart TV, Windows, and Mac PC
- Chromecast Support: No
- AirPlay Support: No
Root IPTV is a free IPTV player. You can install and access all its features for free of cost.
Is Root IPTV Legal?
Yes, Root IPTV is legal to use.
IPTV Players are completely legal and safe to use as they don’t provide any IPTV content to stream. It works as a medium to play the source media, such as the content from IPTV providers. However, when IPTV players are used for IPTV streaming, there are higher possibilities for the user to watch unverified IPTV services and their offerings, resulting in copyright infringement and other legal issues. However, relying on a VPN keeps you away from such legal issues. Therefore, we recommend using NordVPN, the best VPN for streaming IPTV in the market with rich features and stable connectivity, while using IPTV Player.
How to Install Root IPTV on Different Devices
You can install Root IPTV on the streaming devices mentioned in the list below.
- Android Devices
- Windows or Mac PC
- Smart TV
Install Root IPTV on Android Devices
Root IPTV is natively available on the Google Play Store of Android devices. Hence, there is no need to search for external sources to install this player.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Enter Root IPTV on the search bar and search for it.
3. Select the player and tap the Install button.
4. Click on Open to launch the app and configure the necessary login credentials to stream the media content.
Install Root IPTV on Firestick
The Root IPTV app doesn’t have native support for Firestick. To get the app that is not available on the Amazon App Store, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app on Firestick.
1. First of all, install Downloader on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. Now, enable the unknown source setting for Downloader to sideload an apk file.
- Open Settings → Choose My Fire TV → Click on Developer Options → Choose Install Unknown Apps → Select Downloader → Enable the feature.
3. Return to the main screen and enter the Root IPTV APK URL in the required box.
4. Click on Go and download the APK file.
5. Open the APK file and hit the Install button.
6. After installation, click the Open button to launch the app.
7. Enter the username and password of your IPTV provider in the required field and stream the available content.
Install Root IPTV on Windows and Mac PC
1. Visit the BlueStacks official website and install the emulator.
1. After installation, launch the emulator and sign in with your Google Account.
3. Go to the Google Play Store and open it.
4. Search for the Root Hosting TV and select the app.
5. Tap the Install button to get the app.
6. Once the app is installed, hit Open to launch the app.
7. Sign in with your IPTV account and stream the live TV channels.
Install Root IPTV on Android TV
If you are an Android TV user, then you can use a USB drive and a PC to install the Root IPTV app.
1. On your Smart TV, head to Settings → Security & Restrictions → Device Preferences → Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Launch a web browser on your PC and download the Root IPTV APK from a reliable website.
3. Copy the downloaded APK file to a USB drive and connect the USB drive to the USB port on your Smart TV.
4. Launch the File Manager on Android TV and run the file that you have copied.
5. Open the app on your Smart TV after installation and add the playlist to start streaming the content on your Smart TV.
You can try the IPTV players mentioned here as alternatives to the Root IPTV Player and access M3U playlists of different IPTV service providers.
All IPTV Player
All IPTV Player is free and the best alternative for Root IPTV. It supports M3U URL and Xtream Codes API. It has built-in support for the Electronic Program Guide to view the entire schedule of your favourite channels. The best thing about All IPTV Player is that it supports different devices like Android, Firestick, Smart TV, Windows, iOS devices, and Mac PC.
With the Neutro IPTV, you can stream IPTV content using Xtream UI API and Xtream Codes. The IPTV app is not offering external player support. You can install the IPTV Player app by using its APK file. The IPTV app is compatible with Android devices, PCs, and Smart TVs.
The Super IPTV is a popular media player app. Using the app, you can access the IPTV channels in M3U and Xtreme Codes format. You can also upload the EPG file to get the schedule for the live TV channels. The IPTV player app does not offer any external player support. You can install the app on Android-based devices.
Among the most used IPTVs, Root IPTV is only a few that is available on the Google Play Store. So, it is worth streaming the IPTV content on any of your Android-based devices easily. It also offers EPG support, so it will be easier for the streamers to know the upcoming programs and the entire schedule. As the IPTV player is free, we suggest you try the player without any hesitation.