IPTV is an Internet Protocol Based Television that delivers Live TV and TV programs through the Internet. Generally, IPTV is divided into two categories – IPTV Player and IPTV Provider. As the name implies, IPTV Providers provide the content in the form of Playlists files or links. On the other hand, IPTV Players are used for only streaming the media content of the service provider. There are plenty of IPTV Players and IPTV providers available in the market. There are many IPTV players apps available for Android, Windows, iOS, Firestick, Mac, Apple TV, and Linux. If you’re using an Apple TV, you’ve plenty of IPTV players apps on the App Store. Choose the best IPTV player which suits your requirements. In this article, Let’s discuss how to install IPTV on Apple TV.
Can I get IPTV on Apple TV?
Apple TV is a digital media player which allows you to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, Live TV, and much more on your television. It is equipped with plenty of streaming applications such as Netflix, Apple TV+, and more. There are tons of IPTV player apps available on the App Store. Some popular IPTV player apps for Apple TV are,
- GSE Smart IPTV
- IPTV Smarters
- Flex IPTV Player
- IPTV Player and more.
But, only the Apple TV 4 th generation or 4K users can use the App Store to download IPTV apps. The Apple TV 3 rd generation or earlier models does not have an App Store in it. Those users can stream IPTV by using the screen mirroring method.
How to Install IPTV on Apple TV
Below are the steps required to install IPTV on Apple TV.
1. Connect the Apple TV to your Television and switch them on.
2. Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
3. You will find the search bar on the top of the screen. Click on the search bar.
4. Enter IPTV in the search bar to show the available IPTV apps.
5. All the resultant IPTV app appears on the screen. Choose the one which you want to install. For instance, select the GSE Smart IPTV.
6. On the info page, click the Get button to install the GSE Smart IPTV.
7. Wait for the app to install on your Apple TV.
8. After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
These are the steps needed to install IPTV on Apple TV. Now login to your IPTV and enjoy watching your favorite show on the big screen.
Related: IPTV for LG Smart TV | Installation & Setup
How to Setup GSE Smart IPTV on Apple TV
1. Launch the GSE Smart IPTV app.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and read the agreement form before clicking the button Agree.
3. On the app’s interface, you can see a list of options on the side menu bar.
4. Look for the option Remote Playlists and click it.
5. Select the Plus icon and click Add M3U URL.
6. Fill in the M3U link of your IPTV provider and enter the playlist name to stream the content of your service provider.
Similarly, you can add Xtream codes and EPG Guide by selecting the respective options displayed in the side menu bar.
How to Cast IPTV to Apple TV
1. Initially, install the GSE Smart IPTV or any other IPTV player from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Open the app and follow the on-screen prompts to add the M3U URL of your IPTV provider.
3. Connect the Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Go to the Control Center panel and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Select your Apple TV from the list. Now, your iOS device will be mirrored to Apple TV.
6. Open the GSE Smart IPTV app on the iOS device and play a TV channel to stream it on AppleTV.
Related: How to Install IPTV on Panasonic Smart TV
After installing the IPTV Player on your AppleTV, you can watch all your favorite TV channels through an IPTV subscription. There are few IPTV services that stream copyrighted content. So, before installing an IPTV application, check whether the application is safe to install and also check whether it plays any copyrighted content or not. If you intend to buy and use the illegal IPTV service, make sure to download and configure a VPN on Apple TV.