IPTV [Internet Protocol Television] is the method by which you deliver content such as live TV channels, movies, TV shows, and more over the internet. It is a lot cheaper when compared with Cable or Satellite networks. IPTV is compatible with Android, Firestick, Android TV, Sony Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, iOS, Windows, and Mac PC. You can install IPTV Provider and IPTV Player on Sony Smart TV from the Store or through apk.
Is IPTV legal?
You can use the VPN to stream the IPTV on your streaming devices. It is impossible to determine whether IPTV is legal since the few contents are restricted in certain regions. You can use reputed VPNs such as NordVPN or ExpressVPN for streaming the IPTV without any trouble.
How to Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV
You can install the IPTV app on the Sony TV in multiple ways.
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using Play Store
Initially, Sony Smart TV had the Android TV OS, and they have shifted to the Google TV OS recently. Both TV OS has Google Play Store for installing the streaming apps, and thereby installation procedure is also the same.
1. Turn on your Sony Smart TV and go to the Apps section.
2. Select Play Store and enter the name of the IPTV on the search bar.
3. Choose the app from the search results and select Install.
4. Wait for the installation to be done, and open the IPTV app.
5. Start streaming the content on your Smart TV.
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using Downloader
Most of the IPTV apps are unavailable in the Google Play Store, then you can install the app using the Downloader app.
1. Launch your Smart TV and select Apps.
2. Open Play Store and click on the Search bar.
3. Search for Downloader and choose the app from the suggestion list.
4. Click Install to install the Downloader app on your TV.
5. Go back to the home screen and select Settings.
6. Select Device Preferences > Security and Restrictions >Unknown sources.
7. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle so that you can install apps from unknown sources.
8. Launch the Downloader app and enter the URL of the IPTV apk on the URL box.
9. Click Go, and the IPTV will be downloaded on your Smart TV. Select Install.
10. Once the installation is done, open the IPTV app and enjoy streaming the content on your Smart TV.
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using USB Drive
You can also get the Apk file on your PC and transfer the file to the Smart TV using USB Drive for installation.
1. Switch on your PC and select the browser.
2. Type the name of the IPTV along with an apk at last, on the search bar. For ex: Smart IPTV apk
3. Download the IPTV apk file from a trusted website.
4. Connect a USB Drive on your PC and move the IPTV apk file to the drive.
5. Disconnect the USB from the PC and connect it to the USB port on the Smart TV.
6. On your Smart TV, go to Settings and select Device Preferences.
7. Select Security & Restrictions. Click on Unknown sources and enable it.
8. Now, move the IPTV apk file on your Smart TV and open the file.
9. Click on Install, and the IPTV app will be installed on your Smart TV.
10. Open the IPTV app and start streaming the content.
Alternate Method to Stream IPTV on Sony Smart TV
You can also stream IPTV on the Sony TV through screen mirroring. Make sure you connect the Sony Smart TV and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. On your Smartphone, download and install an IPTV from your Play Store. You can also install the IPTV from the browser as apk file.
2. Now, go to the Notification bar and select Cast.
3. Select your Smart TV from the list of available devices.
4. On your Sony Smart TV, select Allow when asked for permission.
5. The contents on your screen will be cast to the Sony Smart TV.
6. Launch the IPTV app and enjoy streaming the content.
Now, you probably know how to install IPTV on your Smart TV. For some IPTV, you need to subscribe to it to get the M3U URL. You can use the M3U on IPTV Players and stream the content. There are some IPTV who have their own IPTV players. In that case, you need to enter the Username and Password and watch the content.