IPTV [Internet Protocol Television] is the online platform that delivers media content such as live TV channels, movies, television shows, and more over the Internet. IPTV service is a lot cheaper when compared with cable or satellite networks. Among the popular streaming devices, Sony TV is also the most compatible device to stream IPTV content.
You can install IPTV Provider and IPTV Player on Sony Smart TV from the store. If you can’t find your provider in the official stores, sideloading the apk file is another option to get IPTV on Sony TV.
However, beginners may struggle with installing and accessing the IPTV service on their devices. That’s why, we’ve prepared and come up with a step-by-step guide in which you can find the working methods to use IPTV on Sony TV.
Is IPTV legal for Sony Smart TV?
You can use the VPN to stream the IPTV on your streaming devices. It is impossible to determine whether IPTV is legal since the few contents are restricted in certain regions.
Speaking about the legality of an IPTV provider is a controversial topic, or rather IPTVs reliability is hard to determine. IPTV services with licensed content are considered legal and safe, whereas those unverified IPTVs hold copyrighted content that isn’t safe to stream on your device. In addition, some IPTVs are geo-blocked and can’t be accessed in other regions.
With the help of a VPN, it is possible to stream IPTV content without any geo-restrictions. A VPN will also benefit you with secure networking and data privacy while hiding your IP address for anonymous streaming of IPTV or to keep you away from hackers. Here, we suggest the two best VPNs for IPTV streaming in the market with rich features and stable connectivity, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN.
How to Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV
You can install the IPTV app on the Sony TV in multiple ways.
- From Play Store
- Using Downloader
- Through USB Drive
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using Play Store
Initially, Sony Smart TV had the Android TV OS, and they have shifted to the Google TV OS recently. Both TV OS have Google Play Store for installing the streaming apps, and thereby installation procedure is also the same.
1. Turn on your Sony Smart TV and go to the Apps section.
2. Select Play Store and enter the name of the IPTV on the search bar.
3. Choose the app from the search results and select Install.
4. Wait for the installation to be done, and open the IPTV app.
5. Start streaming the content on your Smart TV.
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using Downloader
Most of the IPTV apps are unavailable in the Google Play Store, so you can install the app using the Downloader app.
1. Launch your Smart TV and select Apps.
2. Open Play Store and click on the Search bar.
3. Search for Downloader and choose the app from the suggestion list.
4. Click Install to install the Downloader app on your TV.
5. Go back to the home screen and select Settings.
6. Select Device Preferences > Security and Restrictions >Unknown sources.
7. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle so that you can install apps from unknown sources.
8. Launch the Downloader app and enter the URL of the IPTV apk on the URL box.
9. Click Go, and the IPTV will be downloaded on your Smart TV. Select Install.
10. Once the installation is done, open the IPTV app and enjoy streaming the content on your Smart TV.
Install IPTV on Sony Smart TV Using a USB Drive
You can also get the Apk file on your PC and transfer the file to the Smart TV using a USB Drive for installation.
1. Switch on your PC and select the browser.
2. Type the name of the IPTV along with an apk at last, on the search bar. apk
3. Download the IPTV apk file from a trusted website.
4. Connect a USB Drive on your PC and move the IPTV apk file to the drive.
5. Disconnect the USB from the PC and connect it to the USB port on the Smart TV.
6. On your Smart TV, go to Settings and select Device Preferences.
7. Select Security & Restrictions. Click on Unknown Sources and enable it.
8. Now, move the IPTV apk file on your Smart TV and open the file.
9. Click on Install, and the IPTV app will be installed on your Smart TV.
10. Open the IPTV app and start streaming the content.
NOTE: You can refer to Smart IPTV on Sony Smart TV for more details about the setup process of IPTV on Sony TV.
Alternate Method to Stream IPTV on Sony Smart TV
You can also stream IPTV on the Sony TV through screen mirroring. Make sure you connect the Sony Smart TV and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. On your Smartphone, download and install an IPTV from your Play Store. You can also install the IPTV from the browser as apk file.
2. Now, go to the Notification bar and select Cast.
3. Select your Smart TV from the list of available devices.
4. On your Sony Smart TV, select Allow when asked for permission.
5. The contents on your screen will be cast to the Sony Smart TV.
6. Launch the IPTV app and enjoy streaming the content.
Best IPTV Providers for Sony Smart TV
Due to the availability of numerous IPTV providers in the digital market, you may find it difficult to choose the best IPTV providers to stream your favorite content. Here, we’ve discussed some top providers for your reference.
IPTV Trends is one of the top-quality IPTV service providers that offers numerous live TV channels and VOD content. With its exceptional server uptime, you can watch all its media content seamlessly. It is compatible with all popular streaming devices. It offers users an M3U URL that is compatible with M3U player applications. This makes the service available on all streaming platforms. Therefore, everybody can access their subscription.
With a lot of features, Lemo IPTV includes 18000 live TV channels, 60000+ movies, and 8400 series. It is a perfect platform to explore different kinds of media content. You can watch the content in HD and UHD resolution which gives an immense streaming experience. Lemo IPTV can be installed on Android devices, iOS platforms, Firestick, Smart TV, PC, MAG Box, and some other streaming devices.
|Subscription Duration||1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections|
Trendyscreen IPTV is one of the budget-friendly services with an extensive media library. It offers 20,000+ live TV channels in various genres like news, kids, sports, and a lot more. To access this IPTV, you should get any of its subscription plans tabulated below. For new subscribers, Trendyscreen offers a 24-hour free trial. You can use this IPTV on Android, Firestick, Smart TV, PC, etc.
Now, you may probably know how to install IPTV on your Sony Smart TV. To access most IPTV providers, you need to subscribe to get the M3U URL and Xtream Codes. You can use the M3U file or other format of login credentials on IPTV Players to stream the content. There are some IPTV that have their own IPTV players. In that case, you need to enter the username and password and watch the content.