IPTV is the method of watching Live Television, movies and much more using the Internet with the help of individuals Internet Protocol (IP). The IPTV application is available for almost all platforms like Android, Windows, Linux, iOS and much more. IPTV Players are the applications which allow you to stream IPTV contents either through the m3u playlist or through online streaming links. You can also install IPTV on Android box as well. Let us discuss how to install IPTV on Android box in this post.
How to install IPTV on Android Box?
There are plenty of Android boxes available and each device has a set of unique features. An Android box serves as a set top box as well. There are few set top boxes that are powered by Android and it does most of the Android functionalities as well.
An Android Box contains a Google Play Store to install applications. But it displays only the applications which are compatible to be run on a TV/Box. If you are looking for an IPTV Player which is available on Google Play Store, then you can install it directly from the store. But if the application is not available on Play Store, then you have to install it as a third-party app.
Step 1: Turn on allow apps from unknown sources
1. Turn on your Android box and go to the settings tab.
2. Click on the “Security & restrictions“.
3. Look for apps from unknown sources under this section. (The location varies for each Android box).
4. Click on the “Turn on” radio button to allow third party apps.
Now your Android box is ready to install third-party apps.
Step 2: Install ES File Explorer app
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android Box.
2. Search for “Es File Explorer” and click on the app.
3. Click “Install” to download the app.
The ES File Explorer app will get installed on your Device.
Related: IPTV for LG Smart TV
Step 3: Downloading IPTV APK File
1. Open browser on your PC.
2. Search for the IPTV app which you want to install on your Android Box.
3. Download the APK from the official site of the IPTV.
4. Plug in a pen drive and copy the APK file from your PC.
Step 4: Install IPTV on Android Box
1. Plug in the pen drive to the USB port of your Android Box.
2. Open ES File Explorer and go the pen drive folder.
3. Click on the APK file.
4. The installation page will open. Click “Install“.
The IPTV application will get installed on your Android box. You can copy the m3u playlists in the pen drive and load them locally to the IPTV application as well.
Related: How to install Nora Go on Firestick?
Alternative Method to install IPTV on Android Box
You can also use ES File Explorer to download files. It is best known for downloading and side loading apps.
1. Open ES File Explorer.
2. Click on the “Downloader” button in the home page of ES File Explorer.
3. Press the “+” button in the bottom of the app.
4. Enter the URL to download the apk and the name of the application. (Enter the direct download link). Then click “Download“.
5. The app will get downloaded. Click “Install“.
This is an alternative method for installing IPTV on Android Box using File Explorer.
Related: How to install Ola TV on Firestick?
The above are the two methods to download and install IPTV on Android Box. You can either add m3u playlists locally or upload it through any links. By installing IPTV on your Box, you can enjoy watching live TV shows, Movies, On-demand Videos and much more on your TV.
Thank you for reading this post.