Are you looking for a streaming solution on your LG Smart TV? IPTV (Internet-based Protocol Television) is the service you need to choose. With IPTV service, you can explore a huge library of amazing movies, TV shows, and TV channels on your TV.
You must have an IPTV player app to load and stream M3U playlist files offered by the IPTV provider on LG TV. Since there are a lot of player apps available on the LG Content Store, you have to select any of the efficient players to access the IPTV content without any hassle. Apart from the installation technique, LG TV users can also try the screen mirroring method to watch the IPTV content on TV using a smartphone.
In this tutorial, we’ve explained the procedures to install and activate a Smart IPTV player on LG Smart TV and the guidelines to cast or AirPlay the IPTV media content. Along with that, you can also find some top-rated IPTV players for your LG TV.
Is IPTV Legal?
Speaking about the legality of an IPTV provider is a controversial topic, or rather IPTVs reliability is hard to determine. IPTV services with licensed content are considered legal and safe, whereas those unverified IPTVs hold copyrighted content that isn’t safe to stream on your device. In addition, some IPTVs are geo-blocked and can’t be accessed in other regions.
With the help of a VPN, it is possible to stream IPTV content without any geo-restrictions. A VPN will also benefit you with secure networking and data privacy while hiding your IP address for anonymous streaming of IPTV or to keep you away from hackers. Here, we suggest the two best VPNs for IPTV streaming in the market with rich features and stable connectivity, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN.
How to Install IPTV for LG Smart TV
With two simple procedures, users of LG Smart TVs can access IPTV content.
- Install Smart IPTV from the LG Content Store
- Cast IPTV on LG Smart TV
Install Smart IPTV from the LG Content Store
Smart IPTV is an excellent IPTV Player available in the LG Content Store. Users can use the app to access the channel playlist from any IPTV provider.
1. Turn On your LG Smart TV.
2. Press the Home button on the remote to launch the LG Content Store.
3. Tap the Search icon and enter Smart IPTV.
4. Select the Smart IPTV app from the list on your screen and click Install.
5. Launch the Smart IPTV on your LG Smart TV.
6. You can see the Mac address on the screen. Make a note of the Mac address.
7. On your smartphone or PC, open any browser of your choice and visit the Smart IPTV activation website (https://siptv.app/mylist/)
8. Enter the Mac address on the respective box and complete the payment using PayPal, debit, and credit cards.
9. Then, navigate to the My List tab. Enter your Mac address and the M3U URL of your IPTV service provider.
10. Finally, tap Send and wait for the message. 1 URL added! Restart your App.
11. Close the app on your LG Smart TV and open it after a few seconds.
12. Now, you will have access to all the content of your service provider. Play your favorite video content and watch it on your LG Smart TV.
Screen Mirror/AirPlay IPTV on LG Smart TV
If you aren’t interested in installing any IPTV player on LG TV, then you need to screen mirror or AirPlay the player app from the Android or iOS smartphone to your TV. For that, users should connect their Android device and LG Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
From Android device
1. On your Android phone, launch the Play Store app and download the IPTV Blink Player app.
2. Once downloaded, open IPTV Blink Player and sign in with the login credentials of your service provider
3. Power on the LG Smart TV and press the Cable icon button on the remote.
4. Doing this will pop up a menu. Scroll down and select the option Screen Share.
5. You’ll be directed to the Screen Share page.
6. Now, go to the Notification Panel on your Android phone and click the Cast icon.
7. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
8. Within seconds, you’ll see the Android phone screen on the LG Smart TV.
9. Go back to the IPTV app and play any video content to stream it on your LG Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs support AirPlay in various models with webOS versions like 22, 6.0, 5.0, 4.5, and 4.0. If you have one of these models, you can use the AirPlay feature to access IPTV content.
1. Grab the LG TV remote in your hand and press the Home button.
2. From the Home Dashboard, click AirPlay.
3. Choose the AirPlay and HomeKit option and turn on AirPlay.
4. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as the LG TV.
5. Launch your App Store and install any IPTV Player.
6. Open the app and sign in to your IPTV provider account.
7. Launch the Control Center of the iOS device.
8. Select the Screen Mirroring icon.
9. From the list, tap the LG Smart TV and now you can notice that your iOS screen will appear on the LG TV.
10. Finally, open the IPTV player to stream IPTV content on LG TV.
Best IPTV Players for LG Smart TV
Apart from the Smart IPTV player, there are a few best players available on the LG Content Store to stream movies and TV shows offered by the provider. This section will show you some top-rated IPTV players for your LG TV.
An essential media player with a straightforward user interface is the SmartOne IPTV Player. It comes with various features like Multi-Account, Fast Zapping, Favorite List, Parental Lock, TV Archive, and Multi Languages. It has a lot of customization features to set up the interface you want.
OttPlayer is a simple IPTV player that you can access on various streaming devices. This player can handle M3U URL and M3U8 playlist files. It supports a variety of protocols, including RTMP, RTSP, and HLS. Using its simple user interface and EPG support, users can easily access IPTV playlists without streaming difficulties.
Flix IPTV Player
Flix IPTV Player is a reliable IPTV player available on the Content Store for free. The IPTV provider offers support for M3U files offered by your IPTV provider. In addition to IPTV playlists, you can access the EPG offered by the provider. It offers support for various subtitles and audio tracks.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Smart IPTV is the premium player that requires an activation fee of 5.49 EUR on LG TV.