As an IPTV user, have you ever wondered what is the concept of M3U8? If so, you can learn everything about the M3U8 file in this article. It is one of the most-used playlist formats to load and stream video or audio files offered by the IPTV service provider. If you are an IPTV user, you should be aware of the basic understanding of M3U8 to choose the better service and the compatible player.
What is an M3U8 File or URL?
M3U8 is a file extension for accessing media files, including both audio and video. So, you can use these plain text files on your IPTV players. Users can create their own M3U8 playlists for personal media. Generally, the M3U8 playlist refers to certain online IPTV playlists. The file extension refers to the whole playlist or a specific part of the playlist.
Difference Between M3U & M3U8
The M3U8 is very similar to the M3U file except for the character encoding used. M3U8 uses only UTF-8 encodings whereas M3U format accepts UTF-8 along with different standards. Furthermore, the Unicode characters supported by M3U8 are suitable for international languages. But, M3U doesn’t include these specialized characters.
How to Create an M3U8 File
You can create your M3U8 playlist of music or videos. Use popular media players like VLC to create these playlists.
1. On your device, install the VLC media player from the official website.
2. In the media player, load the audio or video files you wish to convert into a playlist.
3. Find the Media icon and select it.
4. Navigate to the Save Playlist to File option and click.
5. Finally, you can create your M3U8 playlist.
How to Convert an M3U8 File
It is not possible to access M3U8 files on all IPTV players. If your IPTV player does not support the file, you can convert it into a supported format. The best conversion of M3U8 is to MP4, which can be accessed by most players.
1. On your device, open a web browser and visit the AnyMP4 Converter website.
2. Download AnyMP4 Converter and install it on your device.
3. When the installation process ends, open AnyMP4 Converter.
4. Select the Add Files button and choose the files for the playlist.
5. It will load the files, and you can get a preview of them.
6. Select the Format button and choose any output format like MP4.
7. Select the Gear icon from the interface of the app.
8. Make changes to the Settings and choose the Device option.
9. Also, choose the format and click the Save To button.
10. Select a location to save the folder and click on the Convert All button.
How to Download M3U8 File
If you have some M3U8 files that you need to download, use FFMPEG on your computer.
1. Initially, install FFMPEG on your computer from the official website.
2. Also, go to the website with the M3U8 file.
3. On your computer, open the command prompt and change http://example.com/videourl.m3u8 to the URL of the M3U8 playlist.
4. This will start to download the M3U8 file on your device.
5. The file format will be the same as M3U8.
Is IPTV Legal?
Speaking about the legality of an IPTV provider is a controversial topic, or rather IPTVs reliability is hard to determine. IPTV services with licensed content are considered legal and safe, whereas those unverified IPTVs hold copyrighted content that isn’t safe to stream on your device. In addition, some IPTVs are geo-blocked and can’t be accessed in other regions.
With the help of a VPN, it is possible to stream IPTV content without any geo-restrictions. A VPN will also benefit you with secure networking and data privacy while hiding your IP address for anonymous streaming of IPTV or to keep you away from hackers. Here, we suggest the two best VPNs for IPTV streaming in the market with rich features and stable connectivity, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN.
How to Access M3U8 Files on Streaming Devices
Users can access M3U8 files of various IPTV Players on streaming devices like:
Access M3U8 Files on Android Devices
The Google Play Store might include IPTV Players like OttPlayer that support the M3U8 Playlists.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android device.
2. In the search box, enter OttPlayer.
3. Pick the app from the list of suggestions and click Install on the Google Play Store.
4. After the installation is complete, launch the OttPlayer application.
5. Type your email address and password, then click Sign in.
6. You may now add the IPTV provider’s M3U8 link and begin streaming the program.
Stream M3U8 Files on Windows and Mac PC
1. Open any internet browser on your computer.
2. Visit the BlueStacks website and download it.
3. Install and set up BlueStacks on your PC.
4. Launch the BlueStacks emulator on your device.
5. Also, sign in to your Google Account with the account credentials.
6. Use any browser to download the APK file of IPTV Player Newplay from a genuine source.
7. From the BlueStacks screen, select the Install APK icon.
8. Also, install the APK file on your computer.
9. Launch the IPTV Player Newplay on your computer and sign in to your account with M3U8.
Get M3U8 Files on Firestick
Firestick users can access a wide range of IPTV players by side-loading them using the Downloader app.
1. Launch the Firestick home screen and select the Find option.
2. Click Search and look for the Downloader app.
3. Pick the app icon and select Download.
4. When the app download completes, go back to the Firestick home screen.
5. Open Settings, scroll to the My Fire TV icon, and select.
6. From the menu, select Developer Options and click Install Unknown apps.
7. On the menu, enable the Downloader app to install apps from unknown sources.
8. Launch the Downloader app and provide the Rayo IPTV APK URL.
9. Click the Go button to download the APK file on Firestick.
10. Install the APK file and open the Rayo IPTV app.
11. In the Rayo IPTV app, provide the M3U8 playlist and sign in.
Watch M3U8 Files on Android Smart TV
You can install IPTV players like Pocket IPTV to access the M3U8 playlists.
1. Initially, open a web browser on your computer.
2. Browse for Pocket IPTV APK and download it from a trusted source.
3. When the download is complete, connect a USB drive to your computer and copy the file.
4. Remove the USB device from your computer and connect it to your Smart TV in the respective port.
5. Open the Settings menu of Smart TV and select Device Preferences.
6. Scroll to the Security & Restrictions option and select.
7. From the menu, select the Unknown Sources option.
8. Open a File Manager and access the USB drive connected to the Smart TV.
9. Access the APK file and install it on your device.
10. Open the Pocket IPTV app and sign into your account with the M3U8 playlist.
Best IPTV Players to Access M3U8 files
Access M3U8 files on your streaming devices with any of these IPTV Players.
IPTVX is a powerful IPTV media player that is available for free with an in-app purchase facility. It can handle M3U URL, and Xtream API to load the playlists offered by the IPTV provider. Additionally, it supports numerous protocols, including RTSP, RTMP, and HLS. There are no bothersome ads in the IPTV Player. It also offers a clear and easy-to-use user interface.
UniPlayer is an IPTV player and a media player for your streaming devices. You can access both videos as well as music on this IPTV Player. It includes a favorite organizer and playlist manager. It also features the electronic program guide from your provider along with a dedicated Parental Control Support.
ProgDVB IPTV is an IPTV player app that supports M3U, Xtream Codes API, and XSPF formats. It also supports EPG formats like XMLTV and JTV. You can record live TV and live broadcasts using this IPTV Player. It is free to use and officially available in the Google Play Store for download.
Mega Star IPTV
Mega Star IPTV is a free live TV player that lets you access entertainment content on your streaming device. You can use it on various devices, including Android smartphones, Smart TVs, and more. The IPTV Player includes a few customizable options for users. You can access both live and non-live streams using the player.
M3U8 is a UFT-8-coded playlist file format that was initially developed by Apple. It is easy to open this playlist on the device if you have a compatible media player. If you don’t have a compatible media player, convert the file into a different format. At the same time, you can create your playlist of the format with music and other video content that you like.