IPTV services are the best source for accessing IPTV content on your devices. It is highly preferred for its competitive subscription plans and impressive TV channel lineup. Some IPTV services provide M3U players to stream their channel playlists. That is why users need to have the right IPTV player on their devices. For the same reason, let’s see 20 of the best IPTV M3U player.
Best IPTV M3U Player
The best IPTV M3U players listed here in this section are curated collections and are found to be working great. After comparing the features, it is easy for users to choose the right app to access M3U playlists.
|IPTV||Log In Options||Basic Subscription||Website Link|
|VLC||M3U Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|GSE Smart IPTV||M3U Playlist and Xtream Codes||Free||Visit Website|
|Perfect Player IPTV||M3U and XSPF formats||Free||–|
|Kodi||IPTV addons and M3U||Free||Visit Website|
|Smart IPTV||M3U playlist||5.49 EUR||Visit Website|
|KMPlayer||M3U URL||Free||Visit Website|
M3U and M3U8 Playlists
|IPTV Smarters Pro||M3U File and URL||Free||Visit Website|
|TiviMate||M3U URL||Free||Visit Website|
|Lazy IPTV||M3U URL||Free||Visit Website|
|SO Player||M3U URL||Free||–|
|Simple TV||M3U Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|OttPlayer||M3U and M3U8 Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|MyIPTV Player||M3U Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|PotPlayer||M3U URL||Free||Visit Website|
|IPTV Player||M3U, XSPF, and JSPF playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|Winamp||M3U Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|Media PlayerLite||M3U Playlists||Free||Visit Website|
|GOM||M3U URL||Free||Visit Website|
|IPTVX||M3U, M3U8, and Xtream API||Free||Visit Website|
Is IPTV legal?
Yes and No. Since IPTV player applications don’t offer any streamable original content, using them is entirely legal. However, the majority of IPTV providers offer IPTV content with copyright restrictions. Additionally, using these services to watch content online increases the risk of your devices getting hacked. With a paid VPN service like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, you can protect your device’s privacy.
VLC Media Player
If you have the VLC player on your device, you can instantly play any M3U playlist or files. It is a powerful media player that can play any audio and video file. The best thing is that you can watch IPTV videos on VLC for free. It is easy to use and configure. In addition to M3U files, it plays files, discs, webcams, etc. It is an ad-free media player that works on different devices like Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and more.
- Straightforward and user-friendly interface
- Supports time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- There are no streaming issues with the app.
- It accepts all IPTV link formats, including M3U and M3U8.
- Supports hardware decoding features.
Best Pick: The app is completely free, and it makes it simple to watch IPTV content.
Drawbacks: Users of the service are not provided with any customer assistance.
GSE Smart IPTV
You will find a lot of advanced features in GSE Smart IPTV. It is a user-friendly IPTV player that supports multiple playlist formats, including M3U. This app can also be used to play Xtream Codes files. It includes parental control, automatic live stream reconnection, etc. The GSE Smart IPTV supports all the popular formats, including RTMP tokens. It works on devices like Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Firestick, etc.
- Supports the Dynamic language switching feature
- GSE Smart IPTV can cast content through Chromecast and AirPlay
- Supports a variety of themes
- Includes both external and integrated subtitle formats
Best Pick: With Playlist Manager, you may add local playlists and modify them.
Drawbacks: Interrupting ads may keep coming up throughout your streaming.
Perfect Player IPTV
As the name implies, it is the perfect player to stream your favorite media files. It supports multiple playlist formats, such as M3U and XSPF. You can use XMLTV or JTV formats to add the EPG guide. The layout and design of the Perfect Player IPTV are highly appealing and mostly liked by the users. This app is free to use and ad-supported. If you want to stream ad-free content, you need to get a premium subscription.
- The app sorts IPTV content based on its genre
- Users can play local files from SD cards and USB
- Offers multiple screen resolutions and font sizes
- Includes support for various languages
Best Pick: Get access to more than one playlist on Perfect Player IPTV>
Drawbacks: No customer assistance is offered to users of the app.
Kodi is not just a media center but also a media player that supports M3U playlists. It has plenty of in-built M3U Players and you can choose your desired IPTV player to stream the content of your IPTV provider. You can easily add the M3U link of your provider on the PVR IPTV Simple Client addon. Additionally, there is also an option to add EPG Guide. It is compatible with many devices such as Android, iOS, Windows, Firestick, Smart TV, etc.
- Kodi has a simple and user-friendly interface
- Includes support for various devices
- Kodi also has support for games of various genres
- It includes top music, movie, and program add-ons
Best Pick: You may record live TV and your favorite shows with Kodi so you can watch them later.
Drawbacks: Content with copyright restrictions is present in several Kodi add-ons.
Smart IPTV is a dedicated app developed for Smart TVs like Samsung and LG. In addition, it is also available for Android and Mag devices. Compared to other IPTV players, Smart IPTV is easy to use. All you need to do is to fill in the M3U playlist link or other formats to stream the content of your service provider. It supports the EPG guide in any format. Smart IPTV is one of the reliable IPTV players that smoothly play video content.
- Comes with support for external players
- Get access to multiple IPTV playlists simultaneously
- Activate the app on the activation website
- Smart IPTV accepts payments through PayPal, debit, or credit card
Best Pick: The app is available for download in the Play Store.
Drawbacks: It has a premium activation charge or a one-time fee of 5.49 EUR.
K-Multimedia player is an excellent media player that supports M3U and M3U8 playlists. Hence it takes up a place under the best IPTV M3U Player. It lets the users create new playlists in M3U, PLS, and ASX formats. You can easily edit or manage the playlists. KMPlayer works well on Windows PC, Android, and iOS devices. This player can stream the content in 4K, 8K, and UHD quality.
- KM Player has built-in cast support.
- The MyList feature lets users create favorite playlists
- You can schedule your recording using a timer
Best Pick: It offers customizable subtitle settings like size, color, and position.
Drawbacks: Users can’t access the Xtream Codes playlists on this app.
Streaming M3U playlist files is possible with the 5K Player. It is a free MKV UHD video and music player that can be used to play videos at full HD resolution. 5K Player supports AirPlay and DLNA. Thus, you can wirelessly stream the content on your Smart TV. You can also build your own personal media library and manage playlists, DLNA share lists, etc. You can easily access 5K Player on Android, iOS, and macOS.
- The app enhances the playback quality
- Enjoy better color and sound
- HLS streaming player
- Enjoy streaming IPTV content in 4K
Best Pick: 5K Player includes support for AirPlay and DLNA.
Drawbacks: It is hard to download the app from app stores as it is unavailable.
IPTV Smarters PRO
The next best M3U player is the IPTV Smarters Pro app. This app is available on both the Play Store and the App Store. It is a fully customizable media player for OTT service providers. You can easily stream your service provider’s content using IPTV Smarters Pro. IPTV Smarters is a powerful IPTV player that supports all formats. It is compatible with Android phones & TVs, Nvidia Shield, Firestick, iOS, Apple TV, Windows and Mac PC, etc.
- IPTV Smarters Player is a straightforward and easy-to-use app
- It supports external players
- The IPTV player includes support for Catch-up TV
- Includes parental control features to lock TV channels
Best Pick: IPTV Smarters has support for the picture-in-picture feature.
Drawbacks: Users might have to encounter some streaming issues while playing IPTV content.
TiviMate IPTV Player
TiviMate is the perfect IPTV player for your Smart TV. It supports multiple playlist formats, including M3U. Like other IPTV players, this app also supports an EPG guide. The user interface of this application is highly modernized and suitable for large-screen devices. The free version of TiviMate has only limited features. If you want to access all features of TiviMate, you need to buy a subscription.
- Supports DVR feature to record shows and watch offline
- Can access Catchup-TV from the IPTV provider
- Get access to more than one playlist from various providers
Best Pick: It lets users add their favorite channels to the Favorites list.
Drawbacks: You might need the premium version to access all features.
Lazy IPTV Player
Lazy IPTV is a great IPTV player for Android and iOS. The app itself doesn’t include any IPTV content. Instead, this app supports M3U playlists and XSPF playlists. In addition, it also supports the EPG guide in XMLTV and JTV format. As Lazy IPTV works with HTTP and UDP streams, you can directly play videos from YouTube and other social networks. Also, you can enjoy various customization options.
- Users can access radio playback
- The Lazy IPTV player has a separate tab for the History
- Add and customize multiple playlists
- Lazy IPTV player has support for external players
Best Pick: Access TV Guide in the XMLTV and JTV formats.
Drawbacks: Lazy IPTV doesn’t offer customer support for users.
SO player is an IPTV player app that supports multiple playlists, including M3U playlists. It is VPN friendly player app that has a neat and sleek interface. It also supports EPGs in different formats. SO Player is packed with tons of features, such as parental control, a sleep timer, scheduled recording, and much more. SO Player is one of the best IPTV players to use.
- Has a standalone app on Android and iOS platforms
- Users can sign in with a pin code, username, and password
- Supports Dark mode and Light mode
- Has support for external players like MX player and VLC, IPTV Smarters
Best Pick: It provides customization choices to optimize the video content.
Drawbacks: It is difficult to lock channels as part of parental control.
It is one of the best IPTV M3U player apps that allows you to watch IPTV channels from the web or local M3U playlist files. This application’s user-friendly interface allows users to easily select their preferred channels. The channels in Simple IPTV are arranged in a list view. The users can also customize the interface by changing the theme. The app has a dedicated section for recently watched channels.
- Simple IPTV has a material design
- Users can add multiple IPTV playlists from providers
- Supports multiple color themes
- Supports Electronic Program Guide
Best Pick: The app lets users sort the channels by name or channel number.
Drawbacks: Users can’t access XSPF playlists using the app.
The OttPlayer app is the best app to stream your favorite content without any buffering issues. The interface of this player app is simple and easy to use. It supports different protocols like TS, HLS, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, etc. Unlike other IPTV players, OttPlayer supports the M3U8 playlist or links. OttPlayer can be accessed on different devices such as Android, iOS, Windows PC, HoloLens, Samsung TV, etc.
- OttPlayer has support for EPG
- Access both M3U and M3U8 playlists
- The app categorizes the IPTV content
- It is easy to create and manage IPTV playlists
Best Pick: There are no interrupting ads in the IPTV player.
Drawbacks: You might not be able to play content using external players.
If you want a powerful media player, MyIPTV Player is all you need. It loads the M3U playlists faster and supports EPG Guide. It is packed with a recording option, multiple-channel playlist support, a channel filtering option, and more. This player lets you add your favorite movies to the Favorites Manager. You can download the MyIPTV player app directly from the Microsoft Store on Windows PC.
- MyIPTV player has support for external players
- Users can access HTTP live streaming links
- Supports features for recording and downloading the contents
- Users can stream downloaded content offline
Best Pick: The IPTV player can access EPG through XMLTV and JTV formats.
Drawbacks: The app can’t access Xtream Codes playlists.
PotPlayer is a multimedia player app developed by Kakao. This app is supported on all Windows versions and plays different file formats of M3U like ASF, XSPF, PLS, etc. PotPlayer allows the users to edit the M3U playlists, add or remove tracks, sort and change the playlist view settings, etc. PotPlayer is compatible with Android and Windows PC. The only demerit of this application is the language.
- Gives you the best streaming experiences
- Users can access subtitles of various formats
- Includes support for improved hardware acceleration
Best Pick: Users can stream content in 3D on this app.
Drawbacks: Some instructions for this IPTV player app are in the Korean language.
As the name implies, it is a complete IPTV player specially developed for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. In addition to M3U playlists, you can also load and access the JSPF and XSPF playlists. It is an advanced player app that automatically loads, scans, and previews the channel in the playlist. With the IPTV Player app, you can create, edit, and share playlists with your friends and family.
- IPTV Player is equipped with multiple features
- It has support for DVR to record shows
- The IPTV player has a parental lock to lock unwanted channels
- Users can also get access to screencast
Best Pick: If you’re looking for an IPTV player for Apple devices, IPTV Player is the best one to choose from.
Drawbacks: Some of the features can be accessed only in its premium version.
The best M3U IPTV players list will be incomplete without Winamp. It is a free and the most popular media player. Winamp is feature-rich and thus supports M3U and M3U8 files. Besides, you can use it to play AAC, WMA, MIDI, FLAC, etc. There are lots of customization options available in Winamp. It works on various streaming different devices like Android, Windows PC, and Mac.
- Winamp is an efficient music player
- Access the app on multiple devices
- Users can sync the account on multiple streaming devices
- Subscribers can browse and manage playlists on Winamp
Best Pick: You can personalize its skin and themes.
Drawbacks: Winamp only offers a few customer support options
Media Player Lite
With Media Player Lite, you can watch the content of your service provider without any freezes or lags. It is a free and open-source media player that plays M3U files effortlessly. This media player has a simple user interface and will be lightweight on your device. It is based on the Media Player Classic – Home Theater. This application works well on Windows PCs.
- The IPTV player can access various video and audio format
- It is completely free to download and install the application
- Enhances the video quality using GPU-assisted acceleration
Best Pick: Use the IPTV player to access video, audio, and images.
Drawbacks: IPTV player does not offer any customer support for users.
Gom Player is a media player for Windows developed by GOM & Company. It is a powerful IPTV player that supports high-resolution videos. Gom Player is an advanced media player that allows you to stream IPTV content using the M3U playlist link. It is the most used media player in South Korea. But you’ll be interrupted by certain ads while streaming in this player. To stream ad-free, you need to buy a subscription.
- This player is completely free to download and use
- Supports 4K UHD streaming
- Enjoy streaming without buffering issues
- Users can access multiple subtitle formats
Best Pick: The app automatically browses for and adds subtitles.
Drawbacks: Some of the features are available only in the free version.
IPTVX is an IPTV player application available on popular app stores. It does not include any IPTV playlist that you can watch. Instead, it lets users add and manage their IPTV playlists efficiently. IPTVX has support for various navigation styles, including horizontal styles and vertical styles. This feature is specially designed so that users can explore channels and their categories.
- It can access the IPTV playlist as well as an electronic program guide
- Has a separate section for recently viewed and continue watching
- Users can create a favorite list of content on the app
- Users can hide TV channels and categories if necessary
Best Pick: IPTVX will help you access the electronic program guide even if it is not available on the server.
Drawbacks: IPTVX might include some streaming issues like buffering and freezing.
The above section has the best compilation of IPTV M3U player for your streaming devices. So, choosing the right IPTV player for your streaming devices is easy. It is not always necessary to have a subscription to a premium IPTV player. There are various IPTV players available for free. If the IPTV player is not working on your device, you can contact their customer support team for assistance.